This week’s episode of WWE Smackdown was taped at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi. Here’s all the action that went down.
First up! A few matches for WWE Main Event were taped. Here’s what went down for that show:
- Becky Lynch defeated Summer Rae, while Tom Phillips and Dave Otunga were on commentary for Main Event.
- The Dudley Boyz confronted Apollo Crews in the backstage area to set up a match for later in the evening.
- Jack Swagger defeated Viktor.
- Apollo Crews defeated Bubba Ray Dudley.
- And now onto the Smackdown results:
Chris Jericho is in the ring for The Highlight Reel, with special guest Dean Ambrose. Kevin Owens decides to interrupt, as do Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro and Sami Zayn. And thus we have the setup for a six man main event on Smackdown.
Kofi Kingston defeated Aiden English, Luke Gallows and Big Cass in a Fatal Fourway
The New Day member triumphed over some big competition on Smackdown, to walk away with the win for the night.
WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte is backstage with Dana Brooke to tell Becky Lynch and Natalya that their Money In The Bank match needs more HYPE.
Baron Corbin defeated Zack Ryder
Totally shocking, as Corbin squashed the Long Island slam-bag. Dolph Ziggler was on the Smackdown commentary for this match, leading to a staredown after the bell had rung.
Rusev defeated Kalisto
After Rusev had his hand raised, he decided to take out Sin Cara with an Accolade as well, but Titus O’Neil rushed in to save the day.